Recall for Brake Problem

06mistreSS

General Motors is recalling nearly 293,000 Chevrolet Cruze compact cars in the United States because the power-assisted brakes can fail. The recall affects Cruzes made in Lordstown, Ohio, from the 2011 and 2012 model years that are equipped with 1.4-liter turbocharged gasoline engines and 6T-40 six-speed automatic transmissions, the company said Friday.

GM Recalls Nearly 293,000 Cruzes for Brake Problem - ABC News

06mistreSS

Yeah, I already posted it in the Recalls & TSBs page...it's GM Safety Recall #12213, 15-August-2013.

Yep I see where you have it, thanks Cuda.

Doesn't appear to be an all-out loss of braking but rather a possible reduced braking response that requires the brakes to be pressed harder. I'll be awaiting the recall notice; something I'd like to get taken care of sooner than later.

06mistreSS

I finally got a recall notice for this problem. However, GM states in the letter that the parts for the fix are not yet available so they will send another notice out when they are, which will probably be another 2+ months.

06mistreSS

Had this taken care of a few weeks ago when the car was in for the weird electrical issue. The dealership had just received parts for the repair so I had them address both while it was in.

70AARCUDA

The wife's Cruze had that Recall done during our last oil change appointment. Although we were initially told that they'd have to order the part(s), they apparently had them on-hand the day she showed up for the oil change, as the Recall was performed concurrently with the oil change...and apparently didn't take very long to do.

Members online

No members online now.