Favorite All-Season Tire?

06mistreSS

What is your favorite all-season tire and what do you run on your Cruze?

Original equipment tires and sizes for the Cruze are:

215/55R17 Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max (ECO)
215/60R16 Firestone FR710 (LS, LT)
225/50R17 Continental ContiProContact (LT, LTZ)
225/45R18 Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 (LTZ)

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the LTZ's OE Michelin Pilot HX MXM4. The first day I brought my car home we had a blizzard and the roads were snow covered and very slick. These tires held the road very well on the snow and felt confident doing it. I'm pretty sure I'm still on the car's original set of tires at 38k miles.

I've heard great things about Michelin. I'm considering switching over to a high performance summer tire on my 06 Monte since it gets stored winters and I have the Cruze now. A friend of mine, who works at Discount Tire, recommended Michelin for my Monte Carlo. I've had a few others recommend them as well.

Other all-season tires I've had good luck with, on my other cars, are the Goodyear Eagle RS-A; ran that tire on my 03 Monte (225/60R16) when I had that car, as well as the Pirelli P Zero Nero; what I currently run on my 06 Monte (235/50R18).

The Eagle RS-A and P Zero Nero are also available for the Cruze.

Last edited:

06mistreSS

This is the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 ultra-high performance all-season tire being released summer of 2013, replacing the Pilot Sport A/S Plus. The full list of launch sizes is being revealed May 1, 2013. Features very high levels of dry and wet pavement performance and grip. IMO the A/S 3 has a visually appealing tread pattern. Even though I'm leaning toward a summer tire for my for my Monte Carlo, I'm actually considering the A/S 3 as well.

Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Michelin Tires

AR-121219981.jpg&maxW=618

Alton0

je suis a la recherche d une personne qui aurait la possibilité de m emmener moi et mon vélo a ambert (63) le 07 juillet 2013 pour participer aux copains a ambert , j habite Clermont-Ferrand.

06mistreSS

That looks like a low profile? Don't want any more of those.

A lot of cars nowadays run low-profile tires, especially with more manufacturers going with 18"+ factory wheels now. Both my Cruze and Monte Carlo have factory 18's but the Cruze's are a narrower sidewall.

janemcready

I prefer to use 215/35R17 Hankook Tires for my cruze as this seems to give the best riding comfort and the great advantage is that it suits varied sizes of alloys. This is indeed one of the best option for cruze as discussed with the pete's team.

DavidMikky

I prefer to use 215/35R17 Hankook Tires for my cruze as this seems to give the best riding comfort and the great advantage is that it suits varied sizes of alloys. This is indeed one of the best option for cruze as discussed with the pete's team.

gfraser

fav all season tire

the fuel max on my eco were terrible on wet surf.'s. i bought fuzions for 71 a piece. still good mileage (40) and much better traction

rollian

Had a set of Toyo tires and got no problems. Good for daily driving and has decent grip around corners. Felt much more stable in rain in comparison to continental tires.

Members online

No members online now.