VG shark fin antenna

06mistreSS

I had to get in on this. Looks so much better than the foot tall stock antenna. I'll update when I get mine.

Thanks for posting this here!

Giantsnation

Here is the group buy pricing:

Qty: 5 to 15 @ $76.95 each
Qty: 16 to 30 @ $72.90 each
Qty: 30 to 49 @ $68.85 each
Qty: 50+ @ $64.80 each

06mistreSS

...looks like you have to get at it from the bottom (remove the roof liner)

That's what I was hoping to NOT have to do but I want to do it right so if it has to be done, it has to be done. Just some more work and a little more time consuming. Thanks for posting the diagram.

So does anyone have any experience (advice) with this first hand, i.e. removing the headliner, antenna?

06mistreSS

The more I look at this, the more it looks like I have to dismantle half the interior just to remove and install the new antenna. Not sure I really want to, unless it's easier than it looks, but I guess I'll have the new antenna around for one of those days when I'm bored and don't have anything to do.

Cruze

Cruze - Shark Fin Antenna

Has anyone put one of these on yet? I'm looking at getting the one that Giantsnation is looking at with the group discount but I don't know about the radio quality.

06mistreSS

Has anyone put one of these on yet? I'm looking at getting the one that Giantsnation is looking at with the group discount but I don't know about the radio quality.

I just got mine the other day. It's not installed on the car, so I can't provide information or opinions of radio quality, but I will post pics of the antenna soon. Not sure when I will install it because it looks like a moderate level project since the headliner has to be dropped.

06mistreSS

Well here's mine.

So the antenna installation is fairly simple after all and is done from the exterior of the car. The stock antenna is unscrewed from the base. The shark fin's antenna wire is attached to the stock antenna base with an attachment screw (included) and the shark fin antenna body covers the stock antenna base. Installation instructions are also included.

Last edited:

06mistreSS

Pics of it installed? I love the black on yours mistress

Thanks, and I haven't got around to installing it yet, although I have positioned it on the car to get an idea of its appearance. Personally I'm not one-hundred percent sure about it; seems a tad large on the car. Size-wise, it's larger than a lot of the factory shark fins on larger, full-size cars; that's mostly due to this one having to cover the car's stock antenna base. Might be something that will just have to grow on me. I will post some pics if/when I install it.

Members online

No members online now.