types of fuel

70AARCUDA

According to GM-Powertrains, the 1.8L engine in the LS Cruze is ethanol (E85) "ready" but NOT ethanol "certified" to EPA requirements yet.

BIRDMAN

Administrator
Thanks for that info as E-85 is about 50 cents cheaper than than the other fuels.

You will find however that the fuel economy is not as good with E-85 as it is with regular unleaded. It all comes out in the wash and ends up being the same cost.

MikeC

E85 has a lot less btu's per gallon than regular gasoline. I believe you'd notice a decrease in performance and mpg. I'd stick with straight petro in MHO.

rayjhon740

Any differ in Fuel types in 2003 nissan 350z?
I've been putting reg. unleaded, but want someone's input if any other would be better or maybe other types would do harm. Bought the car used so don't know what type of fuel.
5 years

70AARCUDA

If you've driven your 2003 Nissan 350Z for 5 years on reg.unleaded (87 octane?) and haven't encountered any problems *yet* the odds are in your favor to just keep using the same grade of gasoline. Of course, both the Owners Manual and your local Nissan dealership could give you a more definitive answer.

Members online

No members online now.