Tire pressure sensors

mixer

Put winter tires on last week, then it warmed up, lol. Anyway the roads I live on are township roads and although they keep the hills descent, most of the time, the rest are usually just plowed and not treated. Found out that the tire shop must leave the wheels in the same spots unless they have the sensor reprogrammer. Otherwise the system will read pressure incorrectly. Luckily the dealership fixed the problem in less then 15 minutes and didn't charge me anything.

70AARCUDA

...the Cruze Owners Manual describes a procedure that owners can use to "reprogram" the TPMS to "relearn" tire positions. It's located under "Vehicle Care" on pages:

• 2012 Cruze - TPMS Sensor Matching Process, page 10-54
• 2011 Cruze - TPMS Sensor Matching Process, page 10-52

...the explanation in the 2012 Owners Manual is easier to understand and better worded, but functionally the same.

Last edited:

mixer

tire pressure

Tried resetting them by following the manual but you still need the reprograming/relearning tool. That tool runs around $175-$225 depending on the brand. The tool must be set beside the valve so the signal reaches.

70AARCUDA

...no, the tool is not needed.

...the "car" electronics can do it alone when the procedure is done correctly; but, like I mentioned, it's not an easy-to-read and follow procedure in the Owner's Manual.

BIRDMAN

Administrator
did you change the TPMS sensors/wheels? if not you should be able to relearn them using the car's electronics. or...maybe your pressure is indeed low!

Nacho

I had the sensors go off on me when I pulled it off the lot. the display told me the front driver side tire was low at 28 psi...I ad air to that tire and the display doesnt change..i look at the rear drivers tire and that one went up....so tires were rotated and no one reset the sensors....

I've done some research and apparently if you start the relearn process and drop/raise the tire pressure by 5psi, it learns it again without the use of the tool. I have not confirmed it yet.

70AARCUDA

...yes, the TPMS detects/tracks which sensor/tire pressure has changed.

...but you have to start at the driver-front and work around clockwise, to passenger-front, then passenger-rear, and then, lastly, driver-rear. The sudden horn "honk" is verification that that tire has been acknowledged...of course, it scares the bee-jeezers out of you if you're not expecting it.

flake50

I am looking for the tires which should be comfortable in rain as well. This is why because I live at the top of hills so after rain the road become slippery .
Any special tires which are specially design for the rain purpose. Please paste here that link.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.