I totalled my Cruze:

Beaudreau

but I got another today!

The accident was my fault, there is much that I either don't remember or that I just can't believe happened!

What you should know, is that I was hit squarely in the passenger side of the vehicle, by a car doing at least 50mph; anyway I was hit and turned upside down and backwards!

Here's the kicker, which I have a hard time believing because I'm 53 and have been wearing a seat-belt since I was a kid, not to mention all my years in the Military where you had to buckle up, before most States even required it.

I wish that I had pictures, but the most important thing to know is that although I had to crawl out of the broken back window of the car, I did walk away relatively uninjured after setting off 8 of the 10 airbags and may not have even buckled up!

By the way, I loved the car and that is why I got another!

Last edited:

rayjhon740

Which would you say is better?
I am currently looking at new vehicles after mine was totalled this last weekend... and here is my question for all you men/women out there... ford or chevy???... I have only ever owned ford, my first car was an 88 ford tempo (was my nana's but I got it when I was 17)... when I had to take my drivers test I couldnt drive that vehicle because the breaks were hardly working, the windshield wipers didnt work, and neither did the horn... not to mention all the fabric on the ceiling ripped and hanging down into the cabin lol =P But, it was my first car so naturally it was my baby... and so I got a 2001 ford focus and have been paying for it for 4 years... until this weekend when a guy ran a red and destroyed it...bastard...
So there is my background story... I am currently looking at the chevy cruze, but am hesitant because, as I said, I have only ever had ford... I was thinking of getting a new focus, but I am afraid that will be to much of a reminder of the accident for me, I can't hardly look at my sister's focus when I walk out the front door without tearing up...so I was also looking at the fusion rather than a focus, but now I am stuck with the whole which maker is better question... so what do you all think would be a better choice and why??? Any advice or opinions are appreciated =P Thanks

70AARCUDA

Well, since this *is* a Cruze forum, we gotta say "...GO CHEVY..." (ha,ha), of course, which Chevrolet is gonna have to be your decision, but the Cruze should definitely be on your list for consideration.

TheGuardian

Life is important than your Cruze mate glad that you are ok. Hope you'll recover soon and find a better cruze.

Last edited by a moderator:

KAI

Beaudreau good to hear that you are OK.

And also nice to hear that Cruze safety systems are working fine.

Looking forward for some pics.

Regards :)

Members online

No members online now.