Having All Kinds of Problems

2011NPCruze

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and would like to introduce myself before I go into the issues I'm having. I'm Chris I own a 2011 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L. It has been a decent little car up to this point.

However, recently the car has seemed to have a little less power to start but the battery has never gone completely dead nor has the car left me stranded. I monitored the Voltage on the car display and it showed 14.4V when I drove it. Since the car has seemed low on voltage I have had a "Service Power Steering" come up as well as "Service Stablitrac" or whatever it is. On top of those issues I now have 6 CEL Codes. So I got the battery and alternator tested and it appears the battery was shot so I replaced it. When the battery was tested it came up as Bad Battery 0% charge and they could not test the alternator because of the bad battery but they monitored the voltage and it was putting out the 14.4V. But a new battery seemed to take care of the 2 Service Warnings that were popping up. I have not drove the car since replacing the battery nor have I had the CEL Codes reset but the ones that I am getting are:
P0171-Bank 1 System Too Lean
P1101- Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering
P0106- Map/Baro Ckt Range/Perf
P0300- Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
The other 2 codes that I get are the P0171 and P1101 codes but pending.

Could these be a result of the old battery being shot and not supplying proper voltage to certain parts of the car, or am I having other issues? I am going to clear the codes and try to drive it and see if they come back and if they do which ones come back. But I am supposed to drive the car from FL to NC in the next couple days and don't know if this is a good idea with the issues I'm experiencing. Any input would be awesome! Thank you for reading!

2011NPCruze

I just cleared the codes and took it for a ride. When I got back home the CEL is not on however when I scan 3 codes are pending. P0171, P1101 & P0106. I'm trying to find out what the symptoms are of this. I did a tune up a few months back I'm wondering if it has something to do with the plugs?

70AARCUDA

Yes, a low battery voltage can cause the computer to "think" stupidly, meaning some (all?) of those codes MIGHT be erroneous because the voltage was too low.

Also, certain codes do NOT automatically go away when the OBDII is 'cleared' -- specifically codes that affect engine LIFE or emissions. These codes are held in memory so that the computer can see if the problem is periodic or random. If periodic, the computer illuminates the CEL or appropriate error lamp; but if random, the computer waits (typically about 30 engine "starts") and if the code doesn't reoccur, the computer will automatically clear the codes itself.

2011NPCruze

So I replaced the 4 plugs with 4 brand new Iridium plugs. The 2 center plugs were finger loose when I removed them but I know when I replaced the earlier in the year I tightened them down so I don't know what would cause them to come loose. I gapped the new plugs at .030 the old ones were at .035. I then drove it approximatley 15 miles with no problems and then all of a sudden I came to a red light and it started shuttering again and the CEL came back on. Now it is back to running like crap but ONLY at idle. I will see what codes come up in the morning, I'm burnt out on this car for the night. It drives just fine but does not idle fine. I'm going to still attempt my trip and either when I'm there or get it back home I may take it to the dealer and see if something in the computer needs a reflash. I'm not sure what else to try. If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to let me know what else to try. I will first thing Thursday morning take the car to have the alternator rechecked since I have a fresh good battery in place now as well. Thank you for your input! I hope everybody has a great Christmas!

2011NPCruze

So after doing some more reading on multiple forums, it sounds like everybody that has had the same issue has had their valve cover replaced which has the built in PCV. I will have to contact a dealer and find out if this is covered under the powertrain warranty, unless somebody on here knows the answer to that question.

70AARCUDA

We haven't experienced that problem (PCV & valve cover) on our 2011 LTZ Cruze, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

Check the Owners Manual (did you get a copy with the used car?) to verify that part / service is/isn't covered under the 5/100 powertrain warranty...I believe it is.

06mistreSS

So I replaced the 4 plugs with 4 brand new Iridium plugs.

Just curious, what brand plugs did you go with? I stick with AC Delco (OEM) for ignition parts and I've never had an issue in my other cars. I've heard some people complain about the way the engine runs on various other vehicles with other branded plugs/wires.

Jkatienjana

Recall on Cruze for Oil spill on flammable plate under vechile.

Has anyone had the 12081 recall on their car? Oil spill and leaks on the flammable cover.

Has it affected you car in any way?

gfraser

recall

I had the modification done on my belly shield ( engine shield, rain shield, whatever it's called) the dealer cut it almost completely off. my mileage in the coldest week last winter 2012-13 went down to 36. nothing that low the previous winter. apparently the engine runs colder without it, but you cant buy a new 1, so if you have 1 with it-- make the modification yourself, just cut the oil drain space a little larger. wish I would have done that

2011NPCruze

Sorry for the delay in answering you guys, I went out of town but did not drive the Cruze. I used Autolite Iridium plugs which are supposed to be a direct swap of OE plugs. I did have the Cruze taken to the dealer while I was gone and let them know about the things I have found on various forums from other Cruze owners and it ended up being the PCV in the Valve Cover. They did replace it under the 5yr/100k Powertrain Warranty. It was at the dealer at 0900 and the car was back home by 1500. It runs like brand new again with no issues at all. Brand new battery, plugs and PCV and all my problems are fixed. Thank you everybody for the input you gave on the issues I was having and I hope that this will be helpful to anyone that may experience any of the same symptoms.

Champion1

I used Autolite Iridium plugs which are supposed to be a direct swap of OE plugs. I did have the Cruze taken to the dealer while I was gone and let them know about the things I have found on various forums from other Cruze owners and it ended up being the PCV in the Valve Cover. They did replace it under the 5yr/100k Powertrain Warranty.????

Same Issues

2011NPCruze,

I am experiencing the same issue with my 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Last week, I was waiting for my son to finish football practice and was sitting in the car listening to the radio. When I went to start the car, it wouldn't start but after a minute or two, it started. I went home and checked the battery voltage and it was low. Over the next week, it seemed sluggish starting but always started. I also experienced the service power steering and stabiltrack systems, but not at the same time. Now I have a "Bank one lean" code popping up. After doing some research and listening to others on this forum, I think I am going to go buy a battery and hope that fixes my problem. The only difference that I am experiencing is I am only getting the one code and not the others like you are experiencing.

Valve cover

2011 NP Cruze,

My local dealer covered the valve cover, which contains the PCV, under the 70K emissions warranty. What led to the problem is the engine light came on and the car was running rough.

Pil

Zuzuki Hustler

Is it good or bad ? as a hybrid Vehicle. I want you'r comments.

Attachments

• TOP.jpg
    TOP.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.