factory headlights

mixer

I am constantly having oncoming traffic flash their bright lights at me. Since I drive in rural areas or on state routes I drive with my driving lights as well as low beams. Anyone else having this problem?

70AARCUDA

...when you say "driving lights" as well as "low beams" are you actually operating in the "high-beam" mode? I ask, because, typically, the low-beams are the "normal" lighting, while the "high-beams" are indicated by a headlight indication on the tachometer-faceplate of the dashboard.

Last edited:

mixer

lights

I just have the low beams and the factory driving lights on. When the high beams are on the factory driving lights shut off. My Pontiac Vibe and Ford Mustang also had this type of set up and I never got high beam flashed by other drivers. The Vibe even had SilverStar bulbs. The driving lights are aimed low to the ground not straight out like the headlights. These help see the critters and debri that may create problems.

70AARCUDA

...other than the headlights possibly (but, I doubt it) being miss-adjusted from the factory, I have no idea.

...neither our '11 Cruze nor my '09 Vibe have road lamps.

BIRDMAN

Administrator
as CUDA said they might be aimed too high from the factory. use thr adjustment and follow the instructions in the OM to kick them down a bit and see if that helps?

michelberry

I upgraded my 2011 Cruze to HID headlights from Xtralights online and they are 3 times brighter than the dim factory halogen bulbs, make a night and day difference. Check them out...

02-AZ-CZ11-PCC-R-G2-HID.jpg

Members online

No members online now.