Exhaust modification

mixer

Custom made split (Y-pipe) to convert single exhaust out to dual out. Stainless steel pipe with polished stainless tips.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 49

mixer

exhaust

not much change yet at idle but with the huge resonator before the muffler it is hard to say if a performance muffler will even make a difference. I plan on replacing the stock muffler with one from MagnFlow (they have a single and dual outlet kit for the 2011 Cruze already and their website has sound clips of these kits). The kits from MagnaFlow range from the mid $700 to upper $800 range. I have around $125 in the work done already. If replacing the muffler doesn't give me the sound I want I may opt to remove the resonator (as with the MagnaFlow dual kit). Here is the MagnaFlow site http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts_cars.asp?make=CHEVROLET&model=CRUZE&year=2011

70AARCUDA

...something to remember, the turbocharger itself acts like a spinning "muffler" to exhaust pulses because each pulse must pass through the spinning turbine blades before it gets into the head-pipe. That tends to "chop" the peak exhaust pulse pressure up into many smaller pulses, which tends to moderate a growl into a purr.

BIRDMAN

Administrator
i think a resonator delete will be sufficient. you might get some unwanted cabin drone as a result but those resonators definitely kill a lot of the desirable sound as well.

Kruze

Custom made split (Y-pipe) to convert single exhaust out to dual out. Stainless steel pipe with polished stainless tips.

I did exactly the same mod on my Cruze. Did it for looks, as I haven't changed the muffler or resonator. My car is Granite black and the chrome tips (just like yours) really look good. I had the muffler guy extend my tips out a little further than yours.

MikeC

Dual Exhaust

Mixer, that's a very clean and good looking mod you have made. Good luck with it.

Members online

No members online now.