Cruze Wishlist

70AARCUDA

...there are a litany of things that GM "could've" done, but didn't:

1) Offer a RANGE of Eco models: from stripped upto fully-loaded.
2) Offer 18" steel wheels on LTZ models, with cast wheels being upgrades.
3) Offer "simple" push-button AM/FM radio as base sound.
4) Offer "simple" three-knob A/C control system.
5) Offer "Eco-Package" on all models.
6) Offer High-Performance as well as Economy axle-ratio gearing on all models.
7) Leave "BIG-BROTHER" OnStar™ off car; make it an "add-on" option only.
8) Let XM and Sirius sell their own down-link receivers.
9) Make Leather seats "optional" on all models below LTZ
10) Make RS-Package standard on LTZ (done on 2012 models).
11) Use Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) on 1.4LT engine.
12) Make both 1.8L and 1.4LT engines fully E85 compatible.
13) The sliding armrest should "lock" into selected position...and stay there.
14) Instrument panel DIC display should be "download" reconfigurable at dealerships.
15) DIC should 'indicate' when turbocharger is "puffing" and when it's not.
16) TPMS "relearn" process tool should be supplied *WITH* the car.
17) "Back-Up" sonar system could be used on front to indicate "distance" behind vehicles ahead of you.
18) Allow additional OBD-II engine parameters to be displayed on "optional" display in center console (where NAV-GPS mounts); part of Eco-Package.
19) Install *fluid-level* sensors in: (a) engine oil pan, (b) radiator system, and (c) windshield reservoir...display on DIC.
20) Put ferro-electric shock absorbers on Z-link for better cornering and handling.

...some of these are incorporated in model year 2012 Cruzes; others might be seen on model year 2013 Cruzes.

...these are just a few of my thoughts, I'm sure there are plenty more from others.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Administrator
...there are a litany of things that GM "could've" done, but didn't:

1) Offer a RANGE of Eco models: from stripped upto fully-loaded.
2) Offer 18" steel wheels on LTZ models, with cast wheels being upgrades.
3) Offer "simple" push-button AM/FM radio as base sound.
4) Offer "simple" three-knob A/C control system.
5) Offer "Eco-Package" on all models.
6) Offer High-Performance as well as Economy axle-ratio gearing on all models.
7) Leave "BIG-BROTHER" OnStar™ off car; make it an "add-on" option only.
8) Let XM and Sirius sell their own down-link receivers.
9) Make Leather seats "optional" on all models below LTZ
10) Make RS-Package standard on LTZ (done on 2012 models).
11) Use Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) on 1.4LT engine.
12) Make both 1.8L and 1.4LT engines fully E85 compatible.
13) The sliding armrest should "lock" into selected position...and stay there.
14) Instrument panel DIC display should be "download" reconfigurable at dealerships.
15) DIC should 'indicate' when turbocharger is "puffing" and when it's not.
16) TPMS "relearn" process tool should be supplied *WITH* the car.
17) "Back-Up" sonar system could be used on front to indicate "distance" behind vehicles ahead of you.
18) Allow additional OBD-II engine parameters to be displayed on "optional" display in center console (where NAV-GPS mounts); part of Eco-Package.
19) Install *fluid-level* sensors in: (a) engine oil pan, (b) radiator system, and (c) windshield reservoir...display on DIC.
20) Put ferro-electric shock absorbers on Z-link for better cornering and handling.

...some of these are incorporated in model year 2012 Cruzes; others might be seen on model year 2013 Cruzes.

...these are just a few of my thoughts, I'm sure there are plenty more from others.

I knew you would have a solid answer. Thanks CUDA. Why don't you like OnStar?

Last edited by a moderator:

70AARCUDA

Why don't you like OnStar?
...let me paraphrase: "...would you trust your FBI-agent brother-in-law with access to your diary & computer without supervision?"

...right now, you, as the owner of the car, have absolutely NO control over what or when OnStar™ monitors and/or records, nor what portions (all?) they're passing along to "other" nosey government agencies and "other" entities such as insurance companies and lawyers. I've worked for USGovt and GM and they're not always working for *your* best interests, if you know what I mean. The best way to "control" data is to NOT give it out in the first place. Sorry, but BIG BROTHER is always watching (and listening) and doing so for it's own interests, not yours!

...read up on CARB and OBD-III and how GM uses OnStar™ as the "tool" for government/police "control" via OBD-III. Don't just read postings; look at the numerous EPA/NHSTA documents as well.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Administrator
...let me paraphrase: "...would you trust your FBI-agent brother-in-law with access to your diary & computer without supervision?"

...right now, you, as the owner of the car, have absolutely NO control over what or when OnStar™ monitors and/or records, nor what portions (all?) they're passing along to "other" nosey government agencies and "other" entities such as insurance companies and lawyers. I've worked for USGovt and GM and they're not always working for *your* best interests, if you know what I mean. The best way to "control" data is to NOT give it out in the first place. Sorry, but BIG BROTHER is always watching (and listening) and doing so for it's own interests, not yours!

...read up on CARB and OBD-III and how GM uses OnStar™ as the "tool" for government/police "control" via OBD-III. Don't just read postings; look at the numerous EPA/NHSTA documents as well.

Wow I guess I never thought of it like that, thanks CUDA

trussell

Yes anything on lower models and eco should be on the more expensive ones.

Is there anything you wish Chevy would do or would have done differently with the Cruze?

I wish my 11 lt2 would have inst gas mileage. Also payed extra for better Radio. It's ok at best because my 04 neons radio was louder and sounded better. When will people at GM get a clue?? I will change 6 speakers and add an amp or 2. Btw i always washed my floor matts in the washing machine and dried them on high heat with my dodges. In winter very quick and easy. I went camping with the kids in my cruze and had to clean it up. To my amazement they fell apart in the washer. They said spray them off and hang dry....?? Really?? They did a 1 time free replacement which was nice.....but better matts woulda been a smart move. I will get a second set so i dont have to wait 2 days for them to dry. Other than that i love the car and i can use remote link on it. My wifes 11 malibu they didnt include the remote start option on my link. on star said 11 malibu and hhr aren't included on the remote start with my link. Knowing that and the bad gas mileage she gets i would have gotten her a Dodge....lol.

BIRDMAN

Administrator
I wish my 11 lt2 would have inst gas mileage. Also payed extra for better Radio. It's ok at best because my 04 neons radio was louder and sounded better. When will people at GM get a clue?? I will change 6 speakers and add an amp or 2. Btw i always washed my floor matts in the washing machine and dried them on high heat with my dodges. In winter very quick and easy. I went camping with the kids in my cruze and had to clean it up. To my amazement they fell apart in the washer. They said spray them off and hang dry....?? Really?? They did a 1 time free replacement which was nice.....but better matts woulda been a smart move. I will get a second set so i dont have to wait 2 days for them to dry. Other than that i love the car and i can use remote link on it. My wifes 11 malibu they didnt include the remote start option on my link. on star said 11 malibu and hhr aren't included on the remote start with my link. Knowing that and the bad gas mileage she gets i would have gotten her a Dodge....lol.

First of all welcome. Secondly, maybe I can make a better suggestion for the floor mats.

1. Vacuum them clean
2. Spray with Blue Coral Upholstery Foam(Wal-Mart sells it)
3. Spray with a hose enough to saturate the fibers
4. Gently scrub with a stiff bristle scrub brush
5. Let soak, hose off clean
6. Use wet/dry vac to extract all the water
7. Place back in the vehicle and put the heat on full blast on FLOOR for 10 minutes.
8. Clean mats :)

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't care what they collect honestly. Explain why I should be worried that they store my GPS location? I doubt I will be robbing a bank and using my vehicle as the get away car anytime soon.

BIRDMAN

Administrator
HAHA! i had a feeling this would happen. I was surprised there wasn't more of an uproar. Thanks CUDA

mixer

Wishes

I was amazed that not all the RS models came stock with 4 wheel disc brakes. The dealership had 5 RS models, 2 of which were red but both had rear drum brakes. A white model had 4 wheel discs but was a manual shft. I like manuals but wanted the remote start option so I went with a red automatic (rear drum brakes) and was going to have the remote starter from my trade in installed in it. Unfortunately because of time restrictions due to my work schedule I wasn't able to get it removed. Chevy offers dealer installed graphics for the Sonic and Volt but it took me several days to find dealer graphics for the Cruze. Then my dealership basically refused to install because the guy didn't do wide/long stripes because of the difficulty. Salesman did have the scotchguard protection done to the interior since I left the remote starter in my trade-in and got the two additional RS emblems (front grill and rear deck) for me. I agree about the arm rest that doesn't lock in place. I am creative and will work on that, could bring in a few dollars if I am lucky.

Last edited:

Disbeliever

Is there anything you wish Chevy would do or would have done differently with the Cruze?

Yes I wish the UK model had full US specification, No Watts Z link suspension, No powered foldback door mirrors, No tyre pressure monitor. poor quality windscreen & plastic.

70AARCUDA

...another example of GM's "decontenting" practices across its 'global' markets...sometimes for differing governmental requirements, but usually simply for co$t differentiation.

Disbeliever

Should provide instruments that are readable when travelling fast or when wearing sunglasses, should have black markings on White background. excellent instruments on early Dodge Caliber Central speedo, smaller tachometer, separate trip counter. On UK model No Watts Z link suspension , No powered foldaway door mirrors, No tyre pressure monitor No day Notice lights have dispensed with space saver spare wheel on latest Hatch,very poor fuel consumption auto diesel only gets 27.8 mpg City & Motorway combined
I shall not be buying another CRUZE Goodbye GM

denniz

mine is just simple... upgrade my brake system and clean the entire interior part.... DIY! haha... I wish so :)

Members online

No members online now.