Choosing the Right Car Polisher

06mistreSS

I recently ordered myself the Porter Cable 7424 XP DA Orbital Polisher as well as a Dual Action 5-Inch Flexible Hook & Loop Backing Plate. Research shows this polisher to be the most popular and is easy to learn and use. Prior to this I have done all my polishing and waxing by hand and have basically got sick of the amount of time and effort required to do everything by hand.

Porter Cable 7424 XP DA Orbital Polisher > http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424xp.html

For pads, I ordered some of Lake Country's 5.5-Inch CCS foam pads. Lake Country has 9 different style CCS pads, each for a different step in the polishing process from aggressive cutting to very fine polish and glaze applications. I'm went with three of them for myself: orange, white, and blue. The full list of Lake Country CCS pads can be seen at the link below.

Lake Country CCS pads > Lake Country 5.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice!

Here's a great 2-part video by Autogeek on choosing the right car polisher.

Part 1 - How To Pick the Right Car Polisher for your Detail Project - YouTube

Part 2 - How To Pick the Right Car Polisher for your Detail Project - YouTube

Another great video on choosing pads and accessories.

Buffing Pads, Backing Plates and Accessories - YouTube

I found all this information extremely helpful when looking for mine so I thought I'd share. I'll update later this spring after I have actually used the equipment on my cars.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.