Changing Engine Oil On 1.4LT

06mistreSS

The below video is the process for changing engine oil on the 1.4LT; good for North American model years 2010-current and US/Canadian model years 2011-current.

Be sure to change the filter first. With top side oil filters, you are suppose to change the filter first. There is a plug that sits in the filter canister that keeps a small quantity of oil (~1/4 quart) up in the canister to prevent dry starting the motor. If the filter is changed after draining the pan, the old oil in the canister will drain down into the pan and will not be removed.

Filter canister cap is a 24 mm hex; oil pan drain plug is a 10 mm hex.

Engine takes 4.3 quarts of 5W-30.

Video > How to Change the oil on a 2013 Chevy Cruz 1.4 - YouTube

Last edited:

Wayne Miles

How long should you leave the break in oil in your Cruze have only 3,000 km on it? Also would like to go with a full synthetic oil instead of the blend oil. I see that Mobil 1 5 w 30w oil is on sale lots of time says it is a full synthetic oil and use a extended performance oil filter with that. This should be good for the 1.4 turbo engine. What does gm recommend for oil change intervals?
Thanks
Wayne

70AARCUDA

GM recommends following their Oil Life Monitor, which typically "aims" for about 10,000 miles but drops back to ~5,000 miles if most driving is in-city.

I'm guessing you're in Canada--does your Dashboard Information Center (DIC) show "percentage Oil Life" as one of its displays?

gfraser

oil change

I use mobile 1 and it is pretty dirty at 3000, so I change it then. that little engine runs real HOT. if you have a 2014 and want free tire rotation you must let the dealer change your oil (very strange)

blackbee045

Also would like to go with a full synthetic oil instead of the blend oil. I see that Mobil 1 5 w 30w oil is on sale lots of time says it is a full synthetic oil and use a extended performance oil filter with that. This should be good for the 1.4 turbo engine. What does gm recommend for oil change intervals?

Members online

No members online now.