Adding Speakers to Rear Deck

SeanM402

I am wondering if anyone has any information on adding two 6x9 speakers to the rear deck in the back window? You can see in the trunk that they have the cut outs for the speakers if you had the Pioneer 9-speaker system but it would appear that they did not run any wires. If they did not run any wires for the rear deck speakers does the radio have any extra outputs for these additional speakers?

My car:
2011 LTZ
Standard radio without navigation
Standard 6 speakers
I live in the United States of America

70AARCUDA

...it takes a special 6x9 speaker, with built-in "click" fastner, to snap into the existing openings on the rear deck...there's a single screw, not the traditional 4-corner "screws" typically used with the 6x9 speakers. GM calls it a "package tray speaker," item #17 in this parts breakdown illustration.

...a special "stub" wiring harness (item #16) is used which plugs into the larger wiring bundle and then connects to the speakers...as soon as our 2011 Cruze Service Manual arrives, we'll be able to tell you its GM partnumber.

Last edited:

JohnMartyn

The rear deck is pretty solid and they would have to do a lot of cutting to get any speakers to fit.If you are using rear speakers to add more bass to the system, at least use a crossover to cut off higher frequencies.If you want a better rear stage, upgrade your stockers and amp the upgraded.

waleeed12

If you are using rear speakers to add more bass to the system, at least use a crossover to cut off higher frequencies.If you want a better rear stage, upgrade your stockers and amp the upgraded.

Members online

No members online now.