5th Wheel Rail Kit Question

Lewis

I am thinking of installing a 5th Wheel Rail Kit on my 2008 Silverado and ended up with this site... Am I getting value for money in here? If you could guys provide me a site to where I can get a better deal with same quality, That would be great. Thanks a lot.
Search results :: Hitch Anything

70AARCUDA

Two things to consider when installing an "in-bed" 5th Wheel are: (1) location and (2) strengthening of the bed where mounting.

Proper (exact) location will make both towing and backup steering much much easier, and strengthening (stringers) of the bed ensures everything "stays" behind you when take-off and brake.

Does the same place also sell the wiring-harness kit that you'll need to connect your trucks' running and brake lights back to the trailer?

Last edited:

70AARCUDA

I didn't see any "kits" listed on that page, just lots of the individual components that would comprise a kit, such as connectors, connector cover, connector bracket, etc.

Remember, you're gonna need some fairly long lengths of wire to tap/connect into your trucks' existing running-, brake-, and power-lines. Sometimes you can make the necessary connections into the existing wiring harness right behind the rear lights, but that also means running wires to BOTH sides of the truck to reach BOTH turn signals; that's why I say you'll need some fairly long lengths of wire(s).

ThiWhitaker

Does the same place also sell the wiring-harness kit that you'll need to connect your trucks' running and brake lights back to the trailer?

Members online

No members online now.