Windows winding down at random

andy

Front drivers side and passenger side windows wind down at random. When this happens I can not put the window back up. If I wait about 4 minutes, then I have control of the window. This problem started infrequently but now it happens every few minutes then might stop for 10 minutes. At the moment when I start the car the passenger side window goes down in the first few seconds. This problem started in July 2014. So far the ECM (engine control module) has been replaced, the drivers side window switch has been replaced. The window went down once while the ignition was completely turned off. Dashboard lights came on once while the ignition was turned off. Any ideas anyone as this is driving me crazy!

sanamgulzar

When this happens I can not put the window back up. If I wait about 4 minutes, then I have control of the window. This problem started infrequently but now it happens every few minutes then might stop for 10 minutes.

andy

door motor

Our problem turned out to be the window motor in the door which had a short circuit. Hope this helps you.

Members online

No members online now.