Uhh, the new guy! (Achmeds' Voice)

fernando8877

Just picked up a used daily driver last night. It's a 2013 Cruze LT in black with just over 28k miles on it. I've done the research already, now just need the money for the upgrades. Since my wife will use this car sometimes, the upgrades will have to be a secret at first.

70AARCUDA

Since my wife will use this car sometimes, the upgrades will have to be a secret at first.

In that case, look into one of the engine "Tune" products (such as by Vermont Tuner and Trifecta) which boost turbo-pressure and ignition that can be "switched" OFF by the driver. But be aware that both really need higher 93+ octane fuel because of higher operating CR resulting from the increased boost pressure and advanced ignition timing. Not the cheapest upgrade but certainly the stealthiest upgrade, by far.

Oh, and don't FORGET to switch back to "normal" tune or your wife might accidentally "lay rubber" in the driveway as she backs out of the garage (ha,ha)!

06mistreSS

Welcome to the Forum. I've got a few upgrades, or modifications (mostly appearance), I'd like to do to mine as well but haven't got around to yet.

fernando8877

I've been reading that the Trifecta tune worked best with the CAI and exhaust upgrades. What kind of power increase would you get by replacing the CAI with an intercooler? I've seen the upgrade, but not any power numbers with it installed.

06mistreSS

In that case, look into one of the engine "Tune" products (such as by Vermont Tuner and Trifecta) which boost turbo-pressure and ignition that can be "switched" OFF by the driver. But be aware that both really need higher 93+ octane fuel because of higher operating CR resulting from the increased boost pressure and advanced ignition timing. Not the cheapest upgrade but certainly the stealthiest upgrade, by far.

What effect does this type of upgrade have on fuel mileage? The additional power would be nice and I'd be interested in doing something performance-wise but, since the Cruze is my daily driver and I have a second "performance" car already, I would only do it to the Cruze if it's something that won't compromise fuel mileage.

fernando8877

The Trifecta tune has a dual mode for the automatics. An Eco mode for when your doing regular drivng and performance mode when your in the manual mode.

As for the Vermont tune, I'm not really sure but I think it's a more performance tune only.

Members online

No members online now.