Members Other Rides

06mistreSS

We know about your Cruze, but what about those other vehicles in your garage? That being said, I thought I'd create a place for members to show off and talk about their other vehicles.

Have pictures? Post them here!

06mistreSS

This is my 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. This has become more of a summer driver and show car and is stored winters. Power comes from GM's 5.3L LS4 small block V8 (303 hp @ 5,600 rpm and 323 lb-ft of torque @ 4,600 rpm) paired with an enhanced version of the Hydra-Matic 4T65-E four-speed automatic transmission. The car is lowered (1.8" drop) and rides on Bilstein HD Series struts and Canuck Motorsports lowering springs. The car was stock when purchased (a little over two years ago) and I have since done some modifications to it, however I do love the factory look so any further modifications that I do to it will be subtle to its appearance.

The car was originally an Ohio car so when I bought it, it had the front license plate bracket riveted to the bumper. The front was also suffering from quite a few stone chips and dings so, earlier last year, I decided it was time to take care of that; had the license plate bracket removed, front clip from the firewall forward completely repainted, a new upper grille and lower ground effect insert, and the fog light bezels painted black.

Current modifications include:

• Custom painted engine cover
  • Michelin Pilot Super Sport ultra-high performance summer tires, 235/50R18
  • SSC/Canuck Motorsports lowering springs
  • Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series struts
  • ACDelco performance brake pads
  • Black brake calipers and caliper brackets
  • 2012 Impala leather shift knob
  • Black fog light bezels
  • MagnaFlow cat-back performance exhaust system
  • K&N 63 Series AirCharger performance air intake
  • Smoked backup lenses
  • Shaved GM front fender badges
  • Window tint, 18% sides and back
  • Alpine 12" Type-R subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
  • Alpine 400w RMS x 1 at 4 ohms mono subwoofer amplifier
  • Custom subwoofer box painted to match car
  • Sylvania SilverStar low beam headlamp halogens
Options car has:

• SS Package
  • Electric sliding sunroof
  • Cargo Net, luggage-area
  • Driver Information and Security Group
  • Remote vehicle start
  • Floor mats, carpeted
  • Seating surfaces, leather, with front buckets and 60/40 split-folding rear seat
  • Seating: power driver, six-way
  • Seating: heated driver and front passenger
  • 6 disc CD changer, MP3, RDS, six-speaker premium sound system with 200-watt auxiliary amplifier

More pictures at my Cruze Forumz album here > http://www.cruzeforumz.com/members/06mistress/albums/06-monte-carlo-ss/

Last edited:

DonYukon

Mistress you are great at taking photos man that thing looks great and so clean!

I posted this in the Intro but I guess I can post it again since this is topic specific

1998 GMC Yukon
Mods…… A lot? lol
But the big ones
6 Inch Superlift
35 inch Nitto mud Grapplers
BB Tune
custom headlights grille and tailights and Z71 bumper
Nerf bar,tail light guards brush guard… Too much to list to be honest I can post a link to the build thread for anyone interested

silver13ltzrs

I don't have a "fun" car at this time, however hope to get into another one soon.

Here are some past cars I've owned.

1990 Mustang GT - Bought when I was 15, about a month before I got my license.

Stang_zpse08af5f7.jpg

1990 Corvette - Bought when I was 17

Vette_zpsae8d7c97.jpg

1996 Saleen Speedster - Bought when I was 18... Mods were offroad h-pipe, Flowmaster Catback, CAI, B&M shifter.

MVC-010X.jpg

silver13ltzrs

1999 Saleen Speedster - Bought new when I was 19... Mods were offroad h-pipe, Flowmaster mufflers welded into the Borla Catback, CAI, B&M shifter, 3.73 gear, Livernois tune.

DSC47.jpg

dsc018.jpg

2001 Cobra Convertible - Bought it new for my 21st B-Day... Mods were offroad h-pipe, Flowmaster catback, CAI, Steeda shifter, 4.30 gear, Eibach springs, Livernois tune.

DSC00107.jpg

DSC086.jpg

silver13ltzrs

C5 Vette Said this one would say stock... and it did... for a week. Mods were Livernois CNC heads, stage 1 cam, longtube headers and x-pipe, Z06 titanium catback, CAI, 4.10 gear, Lowered, and Livernois tune.

DSC0000488.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

vettebye4.jpg

vettebye2.jpg

06mistreSS

Rick, nice bunch of cars. So you went through about a car a year for a while there. I've always liked those fox body Mustangs.

06mistreSS

Speaking of past cars, my first car was this 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. Purchased at 18 when I graduated high school. Limited edition competition yellow with the high-sport appearance package, 3.8L NA Series II V6. I had also lowered this car (1.3" drop). Unfortunately this car was totaled back in 2010; my black 2006 Monte Carlo is its replacement.

And a few pictures after the accident; lady made an unprotected left-hand turn in front of me at an intersection as I had the green light and was moving through at 45 mph.

Last edited:

silver13ltzrs

Rick, nice bunch of cars. So you went through about a car a year for a while there. I've always liked those fox body Mustangs.

Those were just the fun ones.. I had a lot of other cars because I always had different cars to drive for the winter.

Sorry to see your Monte Carlo. I like the black one though, tastefully done!

Members online

No members online now.