Just joined - no Cruze yet

Jenbug

Hi guys! Just joined today, been lurking a little. My names Jennie and I'm from California (SF bay area). I don't own a Cruze but probably will this Thursday. Went to the dealership yesterday and got the approval but wanted to sit on it for a few days. I'm currently working and going to school so I don't make too much and could only qualify for the LS. I'm a gear head so settling for a Cruze rather than something that you can actually feel satisfying hp gains with bolt-ons is a little rough for me. I've never had a new car though and am excited for that. I was thinking of trying to get the salesman to lower the price of an Eco or LT but I'm not really sure it's even worth it since even the turbo doesn't seem to get you very far with bolt-ons. I was also planning on getting a MT but have been reading some horrifying stories of clutches going out really early and not being replaced under warranty but then again, the ATs don't seem too terrific either. Suggestions?

Anyways, hope I can learn from this forum and also maybe teach as I embark on my Cruze journey.

70AARCUDA

Howdy, Jennie, and "Welcome aboard." Agreed, a manual ECO would be your "best" MPG choice, but a manual 1LT is definitely a "next best" choice.

Jenbug

Thanks! Probably just going to get the 6M LS and trade it in within 2 years for a Cruze SS if I like it or SRT-4 Dart (if they make it). I've been wanting a Summit white car but they only have it in auto so probably going to get the Topaz Blue :D

70AARCUDA

If I remember correctly, northern California has a lot of red-earth dirt, so a white car would become dirty pink pretty quickly; but, I agree 100%, Summit White is a beautiful color...and, Topaz Blue is great looking too.

Members online

No members online now.