Coolant/antifreeze smell

fastdriver

For those of you who are experiencing the coolant/antifreeze smell and are getting nowhere with the dealer AND/OR GM, you might want to watch this video. Maybe you could contact this TV station or the Lemon Lawyer in the video for some help or advice. I know people in groups like this love to say- change dealers- but WHY should you? It's up to GM to keep these dealers in line! It's up to Akerson to see that the people under him are doing their job! If GM can make a dealer spend $$$$$$ changing their buildings to the blue/silver theme, I would think that they could certainly make them tow the line when it comes to service and the BS some of the service advisors tell customers.

I know the economy still stinks, but Toyota is selling tons of cars, enough to knock GM out of the number 1 spot! If GM doesn't open their eyes and start to help their customers, they can expect to go lower in the ratings. It's happened before and it can happen again!

Here's the link http://www.wsbtv.com...vy-cruze/nXcfm/
:confused:

jimlockey

Heater cores have been leaking for years. My first core to leak was a 51 chevey and my last was a 09 VW Passat. Doesn't happen often but it does happen.

70AARCUDA

Heater cores have been leaking for years. My first core to leak was a 51 chevey and my last was a 09 VW Passat. Doesn't happen often but it does happen.
True, but not so often on so many 'new' 2011-2013 Cruzes...GM has a problem.

jimlockey

VW had thousands of heater core leaks on new cars and they fixed them. I had one of those cars.

When I buy a new Cruze, I will add that to my contract to cover for a leak.

gfraser

antifreeze smell

I had the antifreeze smell in my 2011. Dealer said it was normal in a new car. Went away when they replaced the plastic overflow tank which was leaking. Took it in 3 times before they found the problem.

70AARCUDA

Luckily (knock on wood) our only (so far) coolant odor problem resulted from a leaking thermostat housing gasket...which took two weeks to be fixed because GM wasn't stocking any parts, so both housing AND gasket had to come from their respective manufacturers...or so we were told. Sounds just STUPID enough (ie: ala' "old GM") to be true?!?

Members online

No members online now.