Center Grille Interchangeable?

06mistreSS

The overall shape of the center grille (#25 below) is the same between all Cruze trim levels, however the actual amount of open area that flows air can differ depending on trim. For instance, typical models have a wider opening while the ECO and Diesel trims have a smaller, narrower opening which, assuming, is to aid in aerodynamics.

My question is, is it possible to swap that smaller opening grille onto, say, an LS, LT, LTZ, RS trim, that would typically have the larger opening grille, without negative effects (i.e. starving the engine compartment of cool air)? Can anyone confirm that for certain?

Not saying I want to do this, as I don't, but I pose this as a general question for others maybe curious of the same thing.

1004081P07-008.JPG

Last edited:

70AARCUDA

Haven't done this swap personally, but if the grill assembly is *physically* identical, "yes," it can be swapped in without problems.

However, the upper-grill opening is only one part of the 'whole' aero package...don't forget the lower-grill shutter assembly, which is probably the most important part of the Eco's front-end aero package.

06mistreSS

True, and I'm guessing the shutter assembly could be swapped in and made functional as well, assuming there isn't anything blocking that space on the LS, LT, LTZ, and RS trims. I guess I was more looking at concerns regarding the smaller opening on other trims starving the engine compartment of a certain amount of cool air.

70AARCUDA

As I understand it, the whole lower portion of the Eco bumper (insides) is somewhat different to accommodate the positioning and mounting of that shutter assembly...plus, the ECM gets involved, since *it* controls the opening & shutting of the shutter...not to mention the additional wiring between the ECM and shutter mechanism that doesn't exist on all the other Cruzes.

06mistreSS

Wonder how much more aerodynamic the smaller opening grille alone (w/o the shutter assembly installed) would be. Possible it could help a bit but then again it may not create a significant enough improvement to even matter.

donna14

The upper-grill opening is only one part of the 'whole' aero package...don't forget the lower-grill shutter assembly, which is probably the most important part of the Eco's front-end aero package.

Members online

No members online now.