Bra or no bra?

DARRYLZO6

Has anyone thought about installing a bra, especially if you have an RS model? I just bought one from Amazon and it fits great and doesn't take away from the front end at all. I've owned camaros and a corvette and I can't tell you how many times that mask saved my front end. I'll post pics in the next couple of days.

06mistreSS

I have a bra for my 2006 Monte Carlo; only use for long highway trips, which are very rare.

As long as a bra is used properly and taken care of, it can work great. Problem with them is that the majority of people buy one and just slap it on the car and never take it off, thinking that will do the trick. However, that does more damage than protection in the long run. I'm not assuming you're one of these people, I'm just mentioning this as a general word of caution.

Few things to consider:

• Never install a bra on a dirty car. Any dirt or debris trapped between the bra and paint has a chance to scratch, or grind into, the paint.
  • Over time, dirt and debris will build up between the bra and the paint. If the debris isn’t removed on a regular basis, it will eventually build up to a point where it will start grinding into the paint. If the bra is intended to be on all the time, remove the bra on a regular basis (i.e. when you wash the car, etc.) and make sure the surface of the car is clean and that the backside of the bra is clean and free of debris.
  • When wet, a bra can trap and hold moisture between itself and the paint for an excessive amount of time which will eventually damage the paint. If it does get wet, remove it and let it and the car fully dry.
  • Check regularly to make sure the bra is secured to the car properly and is tight. Any loose areas or connections can flap in the wind while driving which could rub against, and scuff, the paint.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.