2014 ECO Diesel is HERE!

70AARCUDA

...from the Autoguide website:

Chevrolet Cruze Diesel to Debut at 2013 Chicago Auto Show | AutoGuide.com News

...addendum(s):

Chevy Cruze Diesel Debuts in Chicago, Targets Jetta | AutoGuide.com News

http://www.chevrolet.com/cruze-diesel-reveal.html

• Quote from above GM website: "It all starts with a 2.0L turbocharged clean diesel engine designed in Italy (FIAT), built in Germany (Opel) and installed in the Cruze at our factory in Lordstown, Ohio."

...more from GM:

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/Feb/13-chicago-show/0207-cruze-diesel-specs.html

Last edited:

70AARCUDA

Yes, a LOT of people are anxious to actually SEE more of what the 2014 Cruze Diesel has to offer. The official press release provides information, but no real nitty-gritty details.

70AARCUDA

Diesel engines are low-speed torque engines, while gasoline engines are high-rpm horsepower engines. And, the diesels higher compression ratios (17-20:1) demand much stronger engine blocks, pistons and crankshafts, which weigh and cost more. But they ARE reknowned for their durability and long-lives...even if their maintenance can be horrendous at times. Plus, diesel fuel costs more than gasoline now, which wasn't the case years ago, during the hayday of diesels in USA.

Last edited:

zohaa

I've never owned a car newer than an '05 so I'm new to the fact that every system is electronically controlled. I hear weird engine noises coming from the passenger side of the engine. Sounds like loose medal just flopping around in there. And when the engine is running, I hear the "clicking noise you her when your engine is turned off and cooling down". Except the engine is on.

johson

Yes, a LOT of people are anxious to actually SEE more of what the 2014 Cruze Diesel has to offer. The official press release provides information, but no real nitty-gritty details.

Members online

No members online now.